ANZ Future Ferns
Use this link – ANZ Future Ferns Video (Junior Netball) Programme. Click on the age group below to find more specific information regarding each year group programme.
Click here for 2017 Registration form – Registrations now closed. Click here to view Draws:
ANZ FUTURE FERNS: JUNIOR NETBALL (Full NNZ Junior Policy)
The purpose of the Junior Netball policy by NNZ, is to provide a framework for all those involved in the game to ensure opportunities are provided to all children and young people to develop and enrich their lives through the sport of Netball in a consistent, safe and nurturing enviroment.
The Junior Netball Policy is player-centric and endeavours to:
– make netball fun and enjoyable
– provide consistency of delivery
– enhance skill development appropriate to the child
– provide challenges and opportunities to experience the joy of achieving
– provide equal opportunities for all junior players, regardless of disability, ability, race, religion and culture
– provide clear pathways for development that will allow participants to fulfil their individual potential
– encourage physical activity which promotes health and well-being
– ensure safe and supportive enviroments
KEY BENEFITS OF THIS PROGRAMME ARE:
– MORE TOUCHES on the ball which means more opportunities for development
– Focus on developing the fundamental movement skills
– Less players on court, therefore less complicated decision making and MORE OPPORTUNITIES to make decisions
– Modified equipment and court size – scaled down from the adult version to GROW WITH THE CHILDREN
– MORE SHOTS at goal are attempted and successful
– opportunity to EXPERIENCE SUCCESS / achievements
– developing confidence and enhancing enjoyment …. MORE FUN!